International Day of Peace:
Possibilities for Educators
- Download a 144 page resource on Peace Lessons from around the World at www.haguepeace.org/resources/PEACE_LESSONS_FINAL.pdf (underscore between PEACE_LESSONS_FINAL)
- Build a peace bulletin board with statements/art about peace.
- Organize a peace day event (rally, prayer service, etc.) for peace on campus.
- Organize a concert and invite student musicians to play songs for peace.
- Become involved in the Culture of Peace News Network (CPNN), where readers can exchange information about events, experiences, books, music and news that promote a culture of peace.
- As a group, create a human formation of a peace dove, take a picture
- Light a candle or lantern for peace.
- Do a silent meditation for peace at noon.
- Organize a peace walk through your town/city.
- Plant a peace pole on campus. www.peacepoleproject.org .
- Create peace posters in multiple languages.
- View a peace video at http://peaceoneday.org .
- Create a student-made peace video. Share on the web.
- Go to any of the following websites for more resources for educators:
www.unmeditation.org multiple languages)